Strand Art Gallery, since 1972, sits in the heart of…
Thelma Hulbert Gallery (THG) is an award-winning, public art gallery featuring an acclaimed programme of contemporary art & craft exhibitions, alongside a permanent collection of artist Thelma Hulbert’s work.
Exhibitions showcase both established and emerging artists from the South West and beyond, as well as Hayward Touring Exhibitions from the Southbank Centre, London.
The Honiton-based gallery is set in an attractive Georgian Town House, the former home and studio of artist Thelma Hulbert and is run by East Devon District Council and supported by the Arts Council England.
- Learning Room with art & craft materials for children to get creative.
- Shop selling hand-made gifts, art books, prints and contemporary
craft by leading South West makers.
- Disabled access and parking.
- Refreshments area.
- The Marsh Award for Gallery Education recognizing THG’s exceptional learning programme of workshops and activities for the community.
- THG recently exceeded all other Devon tourist attractions to be voted ‘Winner of Winners’ at the 2014 Visit Devon Tourism Awards, where they also received a Gold Award for ‘Access & Inclusivity’.
Open : Tuesday – Saturday 10-5. Free Admission. Donations welcome.